Submit an Abstract
Deadline for abstract submission: EXTENDED until January 26, 2024
Abstract acceptance notice by February 20, 2024
The CHC2024 Organizing Committee invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts on topics related to our CHC2024 themes to be considered for a presentation or a poster session at the conference.
The Abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the CHC2024 Scientific Committee, which is composed of experts with extensive knowledge and expertise in hydrography and related disciplines. Authors will be notified of the results of the review process by email.
If your paper is accepted, it will be assigned to either a lecture session or a poster session in the form of a poster displayed on-site. Prepare your presentation accordingly, following the guidelines below. The author's preferred format is taken into consideration, however the final decision to place a presentation in a lecture, or a poster session rests with the evaluation committee.
Each accepted paper must be presented by one of the authors in-person at the conference according to the published schedule. At least one of the authors must register for the conference before the author registration deadline. Failure to do so will result in automatic withdrawal of the paper from both the conference program and the book of abstracts.
One author must be present at their poster during the entire duration of scheduled poster sessions.
How to proceed
- All abstracts must be submitted in English or French (translation will not be provided) with spelling and grammar suitable for publication.
- Each abstract should be a maximum of one page, letter size (including figures), and conforming exactly to the template provided (see below).
- Use the editable template by clicking on the section you would like to complete and start typing or overwriting. This ensures that all your data is in the correct format. Please do not remove the format outlined in the template; abstracts that are different from the format provided will be returned to the authors for revision. If you would like to insert a graphic, insert it in the text box provided, with an appropriate figure caption. All abstracts, including your recent photo, must fit entirely on one page. Be sure to underline the presenting author.
- Oral: The time available for oral presentations is a maximum of 15 minutes, including 3 minutes for questions. Spaces are limited. Those who are not selected for an oral presentation may be offered to participate in a lightning presentation format (3 minutes, no questions), or a poster format.
- Poster: Presenters will be asked to be available to answer questions during a dedicated poster viewing time. Optionally, poster presenters will be allowed to submit a short (5 minutes or less) presentation video to be posted on the virtual platform of the conference.
Each author may submit up to (3) three abstracts. The presenting author (underlined) must be registered for the conference before March 28, 2024, to be permitted to give the oral presentation or to present the poster.
Authors must submit their abstract online through the abstract submission system, according to the instructions given in the template:
- Once your abstract is written according to the instructions given in the template, choose your preferred session and a second-choice in the “Sessions” link under “Program” in the conference homepage.
- Click on the “Submit your abstract” link at the bottom of this page. This will take you to a specific “Abstract submission” page: follow the instructions on this page.
- You will receive an automated email to confirm that we have received your abstract. Follow the instructions in this email and the link that will enable you to access your file and author entry forms at any time before the abstract submission deadline. The secretariat will process your request and send you an official confirmation email when your submission is validated. If you have not received a confirmation in the following 5 days, please contact us.
- Following this process, the scientific committee of the conference will review your abstract and inform you whether or not it is accepted, in which session, with or without modifications, and as an oral presentation, or a poster.